“Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself.” - Anawanitia


Friday, August 20, 2010

A Couple of Challenges...

I have not had much time to enter many challenges, but here's a little something I have been working on (forever) which qualifies for the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Challenge #3 - "One For the Girls"
The Crafty Pad Challenge #84 - "Glitz and Glitter"



It took at least 3 attempts to get this project right! I kid you not when I say I made this little Heart Box THREE times!  I guess I'm too persnicketty for my own good - I was just not satisfied with the final outcome until the FOURTH time around!  Ugh!  I keep asking myself: "Why can't I just make something simple?"  I still have not found an answer to that question.  Perhaps I just like to do things out of the ordinary?  At any rate, TA-DA!  Here it is!  I did not have a template for this Heart Box, and had to start from scratch.  I used my Cricut to cut 2" and 3" hearts, then I just measured the hearts all the way around, to determine the length and width of the bands.  Sounds complicated, I know.  It took me a while to figure it all out too!  When I've recuperated from the stress of creating this Heart Box, I will post a tutorial.  Say by, Valentines Day - LOL!  Just kidding, hopefully I will have a tutorial posted before then >wink!<

Project recipe:
Paper: Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink
Stamps: Tim Holtz Fabulous Flourishes, Stampin' Up! Tiny Tags
Ink: Stampin' Up! Melon Mambo, Versamark with Zing embossing powder Brown Sugar.
Tools: Cricut (Used to cut the hearts), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Script
Embellishments: Lace, Flowers, Ribbon, Drawer Pull Knob (7 Gypsies), Satin Ribbon, Stickles Diamond, Floral findings.

2 comments:

  1. Annette - wow 3 attempts! But it was sure worth it. It is really beautiful and your attention to detail is fab. :)
    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week. :)
    xxDebbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette this is so beautiful! I love how you put so much detail on the INSIDE of the box as well. It's truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! Please stop by again, and keep on creating!