“Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself.” - Anawanitia


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ooops! I'm a little late!

Uh-oh! I forgot to hit the "PUBLISH" button for this post...duh! 
Anywho, here I am - better late than never, right?

It's Thursday & that means time for another fun C.R.A.F.T. Challenge
Our theme for this week is: 

"Valentines"

We have TWO sponsors for this week's challenge:
http://www.thecraftypadstampdesigns.blogspot.com/
 FIRST WINNER PRIZE: 2 digistamps of the winners choice

Also sponsoring this week's challenge is our very own Jo aka "Trimgym"

 SECOND WINNER PRIZE: Jo has a lovely pack of Valentines Day themed digital papers (15 in total)

I wanted to create something a little more than card, and was inspired by a little booklet by Becca at Amazing Paper Grace.   Here's a special Valentine's creation for my Hunny......

I altered the design to include a "cover" and is held closed
with a magnetic flap.

There are 8 pages and 2 pockets - lots of space to add sentiments, images & yummy embellies! 

I stamped out my own designer paper using Stampin' Up! En Francais and Looks Like Spring stamp sets.
I used one of my favorite Love Poems for my booklet....
 
Love is patient, love is kind
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

Challenges for this project:
Cupcake Craft Challenge #128: "Seeing Red"
Wild Orchid Challenge #16: "Love is..."
Crafty Card Maker Challenge #39: "Hearts"
Papertake Weekly Challenge: "Have a Heart"
A Spoon Full of Sugar #138: "Let's See Some Love"
Crafty Calendar Challenge #17: "Love"

Thanks for visiting today. Please leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by - I love to hear from you!

5 comments:

  1. WOW A fabulous piece of art. Thankyou for sharing.
    Tracyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week ! Your creation is outstanding ! Great attention to details... SImply gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing Annette! Someone special will be really happy with this ;) Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, this is so strikingly beautiful. I love everything about it.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning just beautiful
    thanks for entering it in our challenge at craftycardmakers
    gill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! Please stop by again, and keep on creating!