“Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself.” - Anawanitia


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Hello again, my dear friends!

Come join me for another fun week at the Paper Play Challenge.
This week's theme is....

"Shabby Chic/Vintage"


PRIZE: $15 Store Voucher


Here is my Design Team sample...

I love creating shabby chick/vintage designs! A while back a friend gave me some old Norman Rockwell art calendar pages, one of which I used as the main image for this card. I had been waiting for an opportunity to do something with those pictures & this was the perfect project! I tore around the edges of the picture, and to give it an aged & worn look, then sponged a bit of Walnut Stain distress ink to the torn edges. I wanted the stamped sentiment to stand out on the picture, so I used an eraser to "fade" some of the color in that area. Then I stamped the sentiment with Versamark & used black embossing powder so that it would "pop."  Although you can just barely see the background papers peeking through, I dry embossed it, stamped it out, distressed & sponged on Antique Linen & Walnut Stain distress inks, then tucked some scrap pieces of designer paper, lace & doily beneath the main image. I was really happy with the end results of this card & because there was no colouring involved it was a quick & eash project - can't get any better than that, huh?!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Captured in Time by Kelly Panacci; Carte Postale by All Night Media
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink Walnut Stain & Antique Linen, Momento Rich Cocoa, Versamark & black embossing powder
Paper: Stampin' Up! Soft Suede,
Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder Script
Embellishments: Flowers from Papirloftet and Prima; Doily, Stick pin, Beads & Ribbon from stash.


Thanks for visiting my blog today! Please leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by - I love to hear from you!

I've entered this card in the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Annette, love what you created. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Annette, love those flowers and this is so your style. Fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! Please stop by again, and keep on creating!