“Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself.” - Anawanitia


Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life's A Beach

The challenge for this week is to create a card or project that has a beach theme, something that you'd see at the beach or just uses colors that make you think "BEACH!"

SPONSOR:   Shirley's 2 Girls

PRIZE:          $10.00 Certificate for S2G goods!


Here is my DT creation for this week:




Whew! These challenges are giving me a workout! LOL!  It took much imagination to create a beach theme with the image I used for this card, which is courtesy of our lovely sponsor Shirley's 2 Girls, "Beautiful Afternoon."
This was one of those creations where I had to "let it come to me."  In other words,  I had no layout plan - Oh no!  For starters I coloured the image, then created the mount for the image using Spellbinders Label #8.  I used a cloud template to create the cloud background.  I used part of a bench from the Magnolia collection to create the "boardwalk," which I coloured with pencil and Ranger distress ink in Walnut Stain, and stamped a bit of grass around the "boardwalk"For the sand I used both a sand stamp (can't remember who it is from) and Mud Puddles.  I also used Crystal Effects for the water, and the sun was just a circle punched from yellow card stock, then brushed with shimmerz paint & topped with 3 layers of Crystal Effects. The seagulls are by Jolee, as well as the seashells, of which I sponged on a little colour & glitzed up with shimmerz paint, Crystal Effects, and a clear Sakuka Gel Pen.

We at the Stamptacular Sunday Challege hope you'll join us this week.  Remember, THINK BEACH!


1 comment:

  1. Great beach scene! I just hope she doesnt get too tipsy and decides to take a walk on the beach in those heals... DISASTROUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! Please stop by again, and keep on creating!