“Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself.” - Anawanitia


Sunday, October 3, 2010

Let's See Layers

Welcome back, Friends! 
Please join me for this week's Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #79:  "Layer it On!" 

Create a card that has at least five layers! Use designer papers and cardstocks stacked on top of one another - This is a good opportunity to dig into that scrap paper basket/box/bin that I we all have.  I'll bet you (like me) have lot's of left over designer paper & cardstock pieces stashed somewhere! You can also add 3-D effects, pop-ups, embellishments, etc...  Oh the things you can do! Just make sure you have five layers somewhere on your card front when you're finished!

SPONSOR: The Greeting Farm

PRIZE: Single stamp of winner's choice

Here is my DT card sample....

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Inkadinkado Holiday Words
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink Fired Brick
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Whisper White, Jolly Holiday; Couture Cardstock Doubloon
Tools:  Nestabilities Labels 8, Fancy Tags
Embellishments:  White satin ribbon, Pearl Brad

My original thought for this project was to dig into my scrap stash & do a "quilt" like card - but then I went to Michael's & bought this new stamp.... I could not resist playing with my new toy immediately!  But anyway, although somewhat clean & simple, my card has EIGHT layers! 

4 comments:

  1. this card just SCREAMS (politely) of rich elegance.
    I adore those gold embellishments and that image is just perfectly showcased with your always unique and creative flare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card,love the colours :)
    hugs amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you got me again: TTFN??? BTW, AH AH! This one I know! Your card is gorgeous, so chic by its simplicity and richness. I love your rounded corners, and the lovely swirls that decorate your image. You more than meet our challenge! You managed to create 8 layers! Wow, gorgeous work, sister.
    Hugs.
    Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your card! it's so simple, yet stylisch and beautifull. I can never make cards like that even when i want too! i'm much too chaotic! hihi I really love the colours and image! I think you've done an outstanding job on the layers also! Love to in your team also! btw i'm giving away a candy maybe you like to join? hugs ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! Please stop by again, and keep on creating!