“Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself.” - Anawanitia


Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Little Yummy for My Friend

Welome back, Friends!  You're just in time for the
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #80 - "B.F.F! - Best Friends Forever"

This week's challenge is to create a card or project that includes "B"uttons, "F"lowers and the word "F"riend/"F"riendship!

Our sponsor for this challenge is: My Favorite Things

PRIZE: $25.00 Gift Certificate

I used an MFT stamp from the collection, "Two for Tea" for my project....

Here's the other side of the box, which has a small pocket for a teabag.

Oooh!  What's that peeking through that little side window??

Mmmmm....A yummy delicious cupcake to go with the tea!

I hand stamped the inside of the cupcake box - as if that cupcake needed any help looking good (haha!)
Have I ever mentioned how sometimes I really struggle with a challenge - having no idea whatsoever where to start or what to do?  And then, those are the times when I end up creating something surprisingly, better than what I expected.  Strange, huh?  Well this is one of those times...

I needed to use an MFT image, but I could not come up with any ideas - BLANK!  Then thank goodness Linda (my sis-in-law) had a sweet tooth craving & twisted my arm to go with her to get some gourmet cupcakes (yeah, sweets! didn't take much to convince me on that! LOL!)   "Ahhh....."  I thought... all I need was a little sweet inspiration & VIOLA! 

My lovely cupcake gift box not only has windows to give a peek at the yummy goodness within the box, but there is also a side pocket to hold a teabag.  What a perfect presentation for a gift of afternoon tea, huh?

Project Recipe
Stamp(s):  "Tea for Two" by MFT, Background stamps from Stamps by Judith
* Image coloured with COPICS on X-Press It Blending Stock
Ink: Stampin’ Up! Taken with Teal, Soft Suede.
Paper: SEI Dill Blossom,  Couture Card Stock Whale Watching
Tools: Oval &  Scalloped Oval Nesties, Oval & scalloped oval punches. Daisy punch. Scallowed Edge punch.. Stampin’ Up! Sizzlit Buttons
EmbellishmentsL Satin ribbon, ZVA Pearls Pewter

2 comments:

  1. Hi! sister DT, hope you are well! Your little cupcake box is just so lovely. You used one image I just adore. True what you say, sometimes you are just out of inspiration and suddenly come up with something suprising. This little project of yours is charming,
    Hugs.`
    Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAAAAAAAAAAAANT...........

    so cruel... so cruel.

    not only am i craving a cupcake but i'm also drooling over this marvelous little gift box all decked out in awesomeness and layered in perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! Please stop by again, and keep on creating!