“Art is not so much expressing oneself, as it is discovering oneself.” - Anawanitia


Thursday, November 18, 2010

CRAFT Challenge #77

It's Thursday again, and that means it's time for another C.R.A.F.T Challenge

Please join us for C.R.A.F.T Challenge #77:  Use Vellum on your card or project.  Layer it, emboss it....time to get creative with Vellum!

Our fabulous prize is provided by
http://shop.sewmanycards.com
Prize for the winner is their choice of 5 stamps from the shop.
 
Here is my vellum creation.......
A Christmas Luminaria
For easier access to the votive, I made a door on hinges. 

I really love these lanterns, and have made several of them for various occasions other than just Christmas.  This lantern based on a Lantern Gift Box which I found HERE

Basically, I followed the template, except that I attached the roof to the lantern base (it's glued, so the roof top does not open.)  Then to access the votive, I made a door which is attached by small hinges. 
Project matierials:
Stamps:  All images are from Di's Digi Downloads
* Images were printed on X-Press It Blending Card & coloured with Copics
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Real Red, My Mind's Eye DP
Tools:  Spellbinders Labels #8, Martha Stewart large & small Snowflake punches
Embellishments:  Door hinges, hardware by Tim Holtz

Please join us this week at the CRAFT Challenge - my DT mates & I can't wait to see your wonderful creations!

I've also entered this project in the Paper Cubed Challenge: Votive Holder


3 comments:

  1. This is stunning Annette - I love it!! Great use of vellum !!
    Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. my God u always surprise me with ur creation,this is totally mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This luminaria is just stunning! I love your coloring on the images, and they are so darn cute! Great idea to add a door. Thanks for linking this up to P3!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! Please stop by again, and keep on creating!