Skip to main content

Reflections...

The Shabby Tea Room Week #22: "Reflections"  This week's challenge is to create a card or project using the photo below for inspiration.





Here is my interpretation...

An inside view...

I created the mirrored "chandelier" using silver metallic paper, which was cut with oval nesties. The black swirled backing of the "chandelier" was cut using shapabilities fancy tags. See the chain from which the "chandelier" is hanging? I used an old earring! (I just knew that broken piece would be of use someday!) 

Other materials used for this creation:
Stamps: Canteria by Prima
Ink: Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Paper: Lullaby Lane & Life's Portait (Webster's Pages), Black and White Cardstock.
Tools: Scallop Oval and Oval Nesties, Fancy Tags Shapabilities (Spellbinders)
Embellishments: ZVA Pearls in Pewter, White Satin Ribbon, Floral findings, Hat pin & beads, Mini Roses & Gardenias, Crochet Lace.

I have also entered this card in
Sentimental Sundays Challenge #15 - "Anything Goes"
Cupcake Craft Challenge #103 - "Lace"
Thanks for visiting today.  Please leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by - I love hearing from you!

Comments

  1. OH! lala! Annette it's amazing!Your interpretation is absolutely awesome. The colors give such a classy and chic look, and reproduce exactly the ambiance given by the picture. The bouquet of flowers is marvelous, colors are rich and warm.The paper is soooo lovely, imitating tapestry, and the lace on top is such an appropriate embellishement.And what about the chandelier: such an original idea, and an artistic piece of work: it's a beauty!I love everything about it, it brings me to rêverie and romance.... WOW WOW
    Hugs.
    Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Annette, the rest of us may as well go home now :) This is the winner, I'm positive! What an absolutely delightful card, so beautifully crafted! Love how you mixed in the Websters Pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette....how clever of you! This is gorgeous and the flowers are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW such a gorgeous card. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful card ... so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful card and a perfect take on our challenge this week at the Tea Room. I love your mirrored chandelier and how clever to use a broken bit of earring for the hanger. LOVE that bouquet of flowers and I adore the Webster's paper that you used. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely STUNNING, Annette! So wonderfully clever how you made the chandelier and I adore the bouquet of flowers on the side! Reminds me of an elegant, victorian dining room! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those flowers look amazing! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really fabulous card, the lace is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous and creative! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a stunning card! love your use of papers on this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them! Please stop by again, and keep on creating!

Popular posts from this blog

BOO!

Happy Sunday, Friends! Come join me for more fun at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #82   This week we have a HALLOWEEN COLOR CHALLENGE Create a card or project that uses only the colors seen here! Orange, Lime Green, White/Cream and Plum Purple. As an added bonus & in celebration of Halloween, feel free to add the color BLACK too! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CREATE A HALLOWEEN CARD OR PROJECT TO ENTER THIS CHALLENGE! …Oh, and don’t forget to STAMP! Afterall, we don’t call this STAMPtacular Sunday for nothing! One lucky winner will receive this fabulous prize donated by MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS This is my take on this week's color challenge  Here's an inside of my card, it's a pop-up!  Ooooh spooky!  Here is a closer view of the haunted house background... I do hope you'll join our challenge this week - my DT Sisters & I can't wait to see your creations! Card Recipe Stamps:  Halloween stamps by Sugar Nellie, Haunted Fence from Magnolia, Haunted Ho...

Season's Change

Welcome back, Friends!  Come join me this week for Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #78 - "Season's Change!" This week's challenge is to create a card or project using ONLY colors of Fall!   Oooh, how pretty, huh?! Our SPONSOR this week is  Magnolialicious Our lucky winner's PRIZE:  Here is my DT creation for this week's AWESOME challenge theme.... An inside view of the card, and custom envelope/box. All of the flowers on this card are handmade. I know, you're probably thinking, "oh what a lot of work!"  Actually, it really is not. I use paper punches to create the flowers and leaves. So, whenever I have very small scraps of paper I punch them with my floral punches & store them in a box for future use. It's very convenient for me to have the pieces already punched too. Then, whenever I get bored or often while I watch TV, I "form" the flowers & store them away so that they're ready when I need them. This is my box o...

Spring Flutterings

I had to squeeze some "quiet time" in today, because I did not have anytime last week to do anything.  My 8 month old "Baby Diva" has kept me busy, as she is staying with me while her Mommy is out of town till Wednesday.  Fortunately, she is such a good baby.  She must have known I was feining for some crafting time, because she was so cooperative! I was kind of all over the place with this card.  It has a little bit of everything: Stamping, stitching, handmade flowers ( you know me & my handmade flowers!), border punches, and a pretty butterfly.   I wanted to try making a new flower.  The larger flower was created using an apple, star & daisy punches.  Each of the flower centers have a touch of bling by Viva Decor glitter pen in "Hologram."  The butterfly was cut from a Nesties die.  I blinged up each layer with stickles & hit with 2 coats of Crystal Effects.  I used Kaiser Craft pearls in "Bliss" for th...